- This event has passed.
Playing by the Paris rulebook – what countries need to do now to measure their climate change goals
October 20, 2022 @ 2:30 pm
October 20, 2022, 02:30 PM in London
The COP26 conference agreed on the global rules on net zero, covering how countries would count their carbon emissions, as week as common reporting of industrial support, new mechanisms and standards for international carbon markets, and common timeframes for emissions reduction targets.
This session will look at what governments now need to do to play by the agreed rules, and how the new system can help build trust between governments that they are being transparent on the actions they are taking to reduce emissions – and the impact that it is having.
- How countries need to measure climate emissions
- What structures do countries need to put in place to do the accounting
- What the best approach is internationally
- The importance of comparing like with like
- How countries will be encouraged to keep to their commitments.