- This event has passed.
Verified Citizen Digital ID to Secure Government Services and Fight Fraud
May 24, 2022 @ 1:00 pm
May 24, 2022 | 1:00 PM EDT | USA
Fraudulent tax returns and new cyber schemes to defraud state agencies of COVID relief funds have pushed citizen identity fraud to new highs. But as federal agencies rushed to stem the tide with facial recognition, new privacy and efficacy concerns have surfaced. How can federal, state, and local government agencies verify applicants, protect personal privacy, and authenticate logins to efficiently deliver services to qualified citizens?
In this webinar, we take a close look at the problem of citizen identity fraud. We’ll discuss the security, privacy, efficacy, and usability issues facing government agencies at all levels. And, we’ll take a close look at how many government agencies are transforming operations using new distributed digital identity solutions to ensure much-needed services reach the people they were intended to help.
By attending you will learn:
- How IAL2 / AAL2 verify citizen ID remotely when applicants enroll and at every login
- The new approach to multi-factor authentication that eliminates one-time codes
- How to give citizens control over their personal information without it residing in a central database
- How to overcome loopholes in first-generation facial recognition systems
- The benefits of using distributed digital identity to create a portable digital wallet.