The Brazil Office for Health Insurance Project has opened an investigation into allegations that a hospital chain tried the illegal drug COVID-19 in unidentified adults, who was the lead director in the case. Senate Wednesday.
This is the first sign that the governing body is committed to spotting errors in Prevent Senior, a major health department serving tens of thousands of patients in the Sao Paulo area.
Paulo Rebello Filho, head of the National Governing Body for Brazil Health Insurance Schemes (ANS), says his staff has received “extraordinary support” to prevent Senior and the health chain will be placed under special management control.
Nine Brazil COVID-19s died during tests at Prevent Senior between March and April 2020, but their records were changed to hide the cause of death, a study said last week that a lawyer ate doctors 10 speaking.
Elders were notified of the hospital’s decision to support the right side of President Jair Bolsonaro’s laws promoting the antiretroviral drug hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID patients.
Prevent Senior says the allegations, including altering people’s records and shooting incompetent doctors, are baseless.
Rebello said the ANS had opened a system for investigating weaknesses in Senior Prevent and had sent officers to verify “signs of failure.”
The removal of the selected hospital from the market is not just an attempt to ensure that quality care is maintained, he said.
The king said he was unaware of the allegations made by the doctors until they submitted a Senate inquiry.
In a statement, the Prevent Senior said they had not officially announced the ANS decision. That said, the rules have been given to the regulator to show that they have been implemented ethically and legally.